9.02.2008

Productive weekend

Every morning I walk into the kitchen to make some coffee and have breakfast before hustling out the door. Usually I’m greeted by warm sunshine pouring in the east facing windows. It’s always a nice way to start the morning. That is… until I notice my windows are horribly dirty. And I’m not talking about a little dust here and there. I’m talking about haven’t been washed since we moved in two years ago dirty. And then my great morning morphs into a list of things I need to do – starting with the windows.

Well, this weekend I finally did it. Ryan helped me figure out how to pull the screens off the windows. I spent two hours bouncing from inside to outside and climbing up and down a ladder. But I’m happy to announce I have the cleanest windows in the world. Or, at least I do if I disregard the streaks I left behind. Lesson learned – spend the extra 89 cents for Windex.

And that was just the start to our productive weekend. Ryan mowed the lawn… there might be a “guess what’s different in these pictures” post about that tomorrow. You know it’s a good story if I followed him around the yard laughing hysterically while photographing his mad mowing skills. Admit it – you’re curious.

I cleaned the house, but by the end of the day it had some how managed to get cluttered again. Ryan cleaned out the garage. Anything that needed a home ended up in the kitchen and living room. By Monday night we had most of it put away.

We now have an official guest room. With a bed. Or at least a bed for anyone over 4 feet tall. We put a full sized bed in the spare room and the twin bed was shunned to the office. Needless to say I spent all day Sunday moving furniture and rearranging.

Monday I put the final coat of mud on the drywall in the basement. Yeah, I know. Only like six weeks after we thought the whole project would be finished. A quick sanding and we’ll be ready for texture. Then paint. Then relaying the floor. Then… finished!

We did manage to relax a little over our extended weekend. Monday afternoon we visited Jason, Stef and little Canon. He’s so adorable. He fell asleep on my shoulder, and I pretended to ignore the ticking echoing in my head.

There may be big news coming later this week. Calm down - it has nothing to do with babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home