8.04.2008

hay and dirt








Ryan and I went to a rodeo in a near by town Friday night. As we were watching Ryan asked me if I missed it. Not rodeo, but horses in general. I do. I actually miss bailing hay in 100 degree weather, mucking stalls and tending to puss oozing wounds. “Some day” he told me. Some day we’ll have an acreage. Some day we’ll have a barn and a couple horses.


Back to the rodeo. It was a lot of fun. The lighting was perfect as the saddle bronc and bareback events started. By the time the calf roping started there wasn’t much light to work with. The photo that’s mostly out of focus is my favorite. I know how I did it, and I wish I could say it was skill. While keeping my focus on the cowboys, I had to follow them with my camera while the shutter was open. I have to chalk that one up to sheer luck this time.


After the rodeo we walked through the midway. The man working the balloon game intrigued me. He just looks… interesting. Like he has a million stories to tell. Kind of reminds me of one of those wrinkly dogs. Ferris wheels are always so pretty at night. Slow your shutter speed way down and they look like UFOs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home