8.08.2008

summer night

It was a gorgeous summer night, and I couldn’t resist spending it outside. I did a little work in my garden. This year was my first attempt at growing anything and so far my little garden has impressed me. My Roma tomatoes have been doing really well. I could pick a hefty handful every night. My one and only green pepper looks a little deflated… but I’m confident he’ll fill out. I have a second green pepper plant with several blooms but no vegetables yet. The same is true of my cucumbers. This late in the year I’m not sure I’ll get anything off them but we’ll see.

And of course Gus and I played a long game of fetch. I discovered the only way he’d sit still long enough to get a decent picture was if I was holding his tennis ball. It was a little tricky to hit the shutter release while holding a double-ended tennis ball and balancing my camera. But I managed. I have so much fun playing with that dog. He’s so full of energy and just ecstatic to have someone to play with. Not to mention he’s always tripping over his own feet or getting sump pump water up his nose – something to make me laugh at him. The neighbors probably think I’m one of those crazies who talk to their pets but I don’t care. Gus and I, we have fun. Every time I tell myself I’m going to play with him every night. If only life didn’t get in the way.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home