8.01.2008

Off to see the wizard

For the past few weeks I have been salivating over a photography seminar in Kansas City. I stumbled across Jasmine Star’s blog many, many months ago. I’ve been a daily reader/obsessed fan ever since. A few weeks ago Jasmine announced she would be joining David Jay, world renowned wedding photographer, on a nation-wide road trip. It’s called the Free to Succeed tour. They are stopping in several cities to give people some tips to help start – or grow – a photography business.

Since my photography business is more of a hobby at this point, my ‘photography fund’ is sitting at a big fat zero. So I batted back and forth. To go, or not to go. After much deliberation I decided to go, and I’m making my sister come with me.

Hopefully learning from these two photography wizards will be a turning point. Up until now I’ve struggled with whether or not I should actually pursue turning my hobby into an official side business. So I guess this is my test… we’ll see what happens after I follow the yellow brick road (also known as I-35) to the Emerald City.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home