8.17.2008

I heart the State Fair

Mmmmm.... the smell of sugar and vats of grease. Must be State Fair time. I'm not sure why I like the State Fair so much. I suppose it brings back fond memories of my time spent at the County fair in my youth. Or... maybe it's the funnel cakes, mini-doughnuts and deep fat fried everything. I love the crowds of people and mullet counting. The livestock shows are interesting. Seeing the big boar, bull and ram is always a fun time. But most importantly it provides a great outlet to take photos.

Bobbier and I at the ISU booth. Go Cyclones! Ryan didn't want to be seen with us after getting our hats... lucky for him it was toward the end of the day.


The Budweiser Clydsdale hitch. Once upon a time I wrote an article about a former driver of the Budweiser team. With names like Duke and John, these big boys are oh-so-pretty when they're all dressed up.
The cattle barn where we saw "Tiny" - the big bull of the year.

Adam and his new best friends. He's decided to raise sheep... in his apartment.


Harness collars on display in the horse barns.

Mmmm..... ym.

The Budweiser tent where the pretty ponies stay.

Ryan willingly jumped behind this scene for a photo.

Bobbier riding a wave at the BP tent.

Ahhh, it was a great day!








2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Emm said...

ahhh, I miss the state fair. Hope you ate a deep fried snickers on a stick for me:)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Stefany said...

It was a no-go for us with the fair this year. You know... too hot, too pregnant. But we sure didn't miss out on all the fair traffic through Pleasant Hill. I heard this year's attendance broke the record.

Thanks for sharing the pics, though. Now I kinda feel like I was there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home