4.03.2006

spring fever

I would love nothing more than to be in the middle of nowhere today - a pasture, the timber. A place where I can appreciate this awesome day. Instead I'm trapped behind a computer and cubical wall. The window behind me reveals nothing more than a skyline choked with buildings and way too much pavement.

I have a bad case of spring fever, fed by the past several days of recent storms and this one glorious day. The grass is gradually turning a bright shade of green, the trees are starting to bud out and I saw my first robin over the weekend.

I'm anxious to get dirty. I can't remember the last time I did a little manual labor. Growing up I was always helping my dad with something on the weekend. I'm just itching to build something, throw a few hay bales or muck stalls. I guess I'll just have to settle for re-potting our sole house plant that is in dire need of a bigger home. Not quite the same, but it's the closest thing I've got.

A quick aside - I spent 11 hours straight scrapbooking with my sister-in-law on Saturday. I did 16 pages and am nearly finished with our honeymoon album. It looks awesome. After this I move on to the wedding album... : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home