4.17.2006

houses, jobs and easter

We were about five seconds from buying a house last week. It's an older house, built in 1900. It was repossessed from the bank and completely remodeled. The price was right, and we really liked the house. However, it doesn't have a basement - most houses don't because the town was essentially built on a drained wetland. It means no where to grow with no basement to finish off, and we might blow away if a tornado came through town. The clincher came when we realized my job is only temporary. Big risk to take with an unstable income. So we're going to hold off until I get a permanent job - hopefully in the next few weeks. Then we'll start seriously looking for a house.

I don't think I got the job I interviewed for last month. The woman who interviewed me recommended me for another position that came open. I'm guessing that means I didn't get the job, although I have yet to get a flush letter. Gotta love the way the corporate world works. But I have an interview this week for the job she recommended me for. So we'll see.

Ryan and I had a good Easter back home. Went to lunch with my Grandparents in Dubuque and then had supper at mom and dads with my other grandparents. We rented movies and hung out with Laura and Adam Saturday night. We went to church Sunday morning and mom made dinner. It wasn't like previous years with masses of aunts, uncles and cousins around, but it was nice.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Emm said...

Thats cool, I did not know you were looking to buy. Good luck and send a basement our way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home