8.31.2007

Ho hum kind of day

It's 2 p.m. the Friday before Labor Day and all is quiet. Nearly half of the forty plus people that work in my department either took the day off or left early. Not me. I'm here until 5:15 p.m. - the only draw back to car pooling. Oh well. I'm saving the world and all that jazz.

I'm listening to the clicking of Tom's keyboard and the four women around me discussing the implications of the NASD and the SEC combining. It's quite distracting. I, quite frankly, don't care. I should. But I don't. It's only going to impact every single one of our communication pieces, because we'll have to update the stupid disclosures. I hate disclosures. Some days I hate my job. It's been a tough week.

Three day weekend here I come…

We're heading over to Cedar Rapids tonight to hang out with my siblings and cousin. I just decided we should have an impromtu birthday party for my sister who turns 24? I think next Wednesday. Saturday we'll head up to my mom and dad's. Ryan and my brother are going four-wheeling. Should be fun. Not sure what I'll do the rest of the weekend.

Random thought for all you who went to HS with me… Justin Wendt works here. Ran into him in the skywalk this a.m. Said hi but didn't get a chance to talk much as I was on my way to a meeting. Apparently there are a couple other fellow Starmontians that work here as well...

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger me said...

justin was always nice. that's cool. who else?

i was just thinking about four-wheeling the other day. i have no one to mooch off of here so i have no opportunity to go when i want to. i want to. i always said i would buy one but it seems like a lot of money for something i would have to drive 3 hours to be able to use. some people do it thought...mostly with dirt bikes. but they ride in the sand. i'm not so sure that is appealing. i'm sick of living in a dessert climate!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Tracy Anne said...

Jeremy Munter and Tina Paris

We only have a four-wheeler for Ryan's personal business. If it wasn't a tax write off it wouldn't be sitting in the garage where my car is supposed to be.... but they are a lot of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home