1.16.2006

possible job

I might have a job lined up! Ryan's cousin works in the marketing department at Principal Financial in the city. There is a temporary job available in her department from mid-Feb. through July. I would be helping with a new sales piece they are working on. Chances are pretty good I would be able to get hired on full-time afterward. It pays pretty well (more than I make now) but doesn't offer benefits for now.

Ryan's cousin said she told her boss about me. She made it sound like the job is mine if I want it. I have to email her my resume and get some paperwork done but it sounds like I have a job. :-) And it's only temporary so if, by chance it's not what I'm looking for - I'm done in July.

I've been thinking about making a switch from newspaper to marketing/PR and it sounds like this job might just be the answer.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great opportunity for you to get started here in Des Moines.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger me said...

wow! very cool. i wonder if i say wow a lot on people's comments. maybe i should work on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home