1.09.2006

resolutions

The last New Year's resolution I vividly remember making was when I was ten-years-old. I made myself promise to talk to the boy I was crushing on at the time.
Since then, I haven't really jumped on the resolution-making band wagon. This year is going to be different.
However, I refuse to set unrealistic goals for myself, like loosing 20 pounds or running three miles every day. That, I think, is where people go wrong. They have the best intention to jump on their newly purchased treadmill three times a week, but their heart isn't behind it.
So as I thought about the promises I was going to make in the next twelve months, I decided to make a list of things I was fairly certain I could accomplish.
They are all things I really like to do, just don't take the extra effort to make time for them anymore.
I have resolved to read more, something I used to do all the time but have neglected in 2005.
I promise to sleep in at least once a month and spend one night curled up on the couch in my PJs watching movies with my husband.
I will make time to play with our dog more, who lately has seen nothing more of me than walking to and from my car.
My scrapbooks will come out from hiding and I will catch up on the two years worth of events and activities piling up in my photo storage.
I guess you could say my New Year's resolution is to make a little time just for me. These resolutions are just ways to help me achieve my goal.
Everyone needs to find new ways to improve their happiness. Spoiling yourself now and then is a good thing.
Happiness is infectious. When you're happy, the people you come in contact with can't help but catch a little of it.
By becoming a happier person, it's natural that becoming more healthy would follow.
Well, that and I really like to sleep in.

As printed in the DCN 1-4

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger me said...

i like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home