3.28.2008

parking my car in harvard yard

I’m leaving on a jet plane… the corporate jet that is! I found out yesterday I will be attending the focus groups in Boston and Chicago for the major project I’m working on. A couple weeks ago I was told I wouldn’t be able to go. Most likely because the entire company is extremely focused on cutting expenses. But my leader and our team leader were huge advocates for me to gain first hand experience.

There is talk of using the corporate jet to fly directly to Boston saving connection and lay over time if we flew commercial. It all comes down to schedules and whether the top executives need to use it that week. We’ll fly to Boston Monday night and have Tuesday morning to explore the city. I’m really excited. I’ve only been to the east coast once – a trip through Hershey, PA in the middle of the night.

We’ll do focus groups that night and take a midnight flight to Chicago. Again, we’ll have most of Wednesday to see the sights before more work that night. We have one focus group scheduled for Thursday. It could be first thing in the morning, which means I’ll be home by supper. If it ends up being Thursday night I’ll have one more day to explore Chicago. The last time I was in Chicago was for my brother’s graduation from boot camp my freshman year of high school. And I don’t remember much of the city since we spent so much time on the naval base. It should be a fun trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home