3.19.2008

could be worse

In the midst of a crazy day at work Ryan sends me an email from a guy from volunteering with the search and rescue team. Most people on this team have search and rescue dogs who are trained to find missing people. They talk about their dogs a lot, but I had no idea how much their lives revolve around their canine friends until today.

After the snow melted, this one particular guy divided his back yard into grids so he could cover every square inch of his backyard to see where his dog “had been” over the winter. He noted his favorite places to go in the back yard. There was even a reference to carbon dating to trace the specific habits of his dog throughout the winter. And he did it TWICE! Once after each major thaw this winter.

I emailed Ryan and thanked him profusely for not making me carbon date Gus’ crap.

And that will be my last post about dog poo… I promise.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Abbie said...

Wow - now that's putting too much into your dog. I bet the dog is in his will, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home