7.07.2008

Back home

Ryan and the broken truck are home. My dad and brother drove out to get him after we found out Ryan lost his place on the fire. At that point there was no reason for him to get the truck fixed in Wyoming, and we’ll get it done by people we trust for a fraction of the price here.

It’s pretty disappointing. But – like everyone has told me the past four days – it could have been worse. Everything happens for a reason. He just wasn’t supposed to go any further. Maybe there was an accident waiting for him down the road. Or maybe something would have gone wrong at the fire.

I am extremely grateful it was only the truck. At one point I said this was pretty much my worst fear. No, my worst fear would be Ryan not coming home. But this comes in a close second. My heart knows it could have been much, much worse. It’s just hard to convince my brain that when it’s hearing dollar figures that are really scary.

But like my mom said, this is doable. We just have to get it fixed as soon as possible so he can get back out there. Hopefully he can go back two… maybe even three more times. It’s sad that our hope is the horror to so many living there.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home