6.27.2008

Too little too late

Don’t you hate it when someone asks your opinion and doesn’t do anything with it? Thanks to those who commented or emailed with their favorite. For those who are curious the favorites really ran the gamut – there wasn’t one stand out winner. But alas, I’m not going to meet the deadline to submit my photos. At least not this year. They have to be printed, dry mounted on foam core and at the state fair office by Sunday. And that my friends, is not going to happen. Between the basement, my actual job and a smattering of other events going on this week I just haven’t been able to get them ready. We haven’t even had time to mow the lawn and after the massive rain and warm weather we’re encroaching on our town’s eight inch ordinance. I’m almost tempted to let Ryan burn it off. Okay, not quite.

Speaking of burn… the national planning level jumped from a 2 to a 3 and then up to a 4 within two days. For us it’s an indicator of the level of outside resources they require. So at a national planning level of one the local firefighters can generally handle the response. At a two they start to recruit other firefighters from nearby states. At a three they may ask engines from the western states to come out. By the time they hit four there’s a good chance Ryan will go out west. And a five – well I suppose that means they’ll take anyone that can work a shovel or a hose. We also got the official certification in the mail yesterday. Ring of Fire, LLC is a legitimate business now.

Meanwhile the basement continues. I fine sanded the family room last night. It’s ready for texture. I also finished painting the wainscoting. A few touch ups here and there and the laundry room will be done. Ryan sanded my scrapbooking room and applied the second coat of mud. There is still drywall to be hung in the closets and Ryan’s hunting room…but I guess that’s at the bottom of our priority list.

While at Lowe’s last weekend Ryan’s sister and I grabbed every paint sample in the store. I’ve had fun looking at the endless possibilities. Since moving in we’ve… excuse me… I have only painted one room. Ryan thinks paint is a waste of money. I think he’s full of hooey. J After being paint suppressed for nearly two years I’m really excited about being able to do whatever I want in my room. I looked long and hard at a blueish turquoise and an apple red but then realized it needed to match the flooring. I think its orangey tan with a little blue and green. It may work. It may not. But I haven’t drug myself out to the garage to take a good look at it yet.

I want it to be a really happy room. Lots of fun and creatively inspirational. Perhaps I should enlist the help of the interior designers in the family. But maybe you all have some phenomenal idea … what would you do with a room that has orangey, blue and green floors? Oh, and it has a hard wood ceiling. Don’t ask me why they put a floor on the ceiling but it looks kinda cool. It screams log cabin woodsy but I’m just not feelin’ it in that room. Love your thoughts…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home